POSITION TITLE: Education Manager
BASIC FUNCTION: Skilled communicator and detail-oriented individual responsible for project management and a variety of tasks in support of the Education team.
QUALIFICATIONS: Motivated, intellectually-curious, detail-oriented individual able to work individually and in teams. Accuracy in dealing with data and written communications and project management is essential along with strong editing and writing skills. 3-5 years managing educational content for events desired. A successful candidate will be able to multi-task with ease and feel comfortable in an environment in which priorities are often changing. Good interpersonal skills and a hospitable personality a must. He/she will also have a demonstrated interest in global affairs, business, and/or adult education and a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related subject.
1. Manage all educational content (classroom and experiential) for select CEO events.
2. Develop educational objectives and themes for CEO events, working directly with CEO members to ensure their programmatic vision is reflected.
3. Research dynamic speakers for CEO events and webcasts, and generate ideas for potential speakers by remaining current on top trends and global issues.
4. Create education portion of events budget and negotiate resource honoraria and vendor contracts.
5. Write resource correspondence, including invitations, confirmations, specific event descriptions, thank you notes and other correspondence as required.
6. Write biographies and session abstracts for event publications.
7. Maintain resource status grid for each event that tracks the status of each resource as well as the status of information received.
8. Coordinate all resource travel and hotel arrangements in addition to onsite logistics, audio-visual and presentation needs.
9. Coordinate the faculty hosts for each resource and all event remarks, including introductions.
10. Secure onsite doctor for international events and coordinate onsite security and medical plans.
11. Participate in regular team calls and project meetings with CEO team members.
12. Manage all speaker-related data in the Salesforce database, including profile formation and maintenance and post information that appears live on the CEO website.
13. Serve as onsite team member and travel to execute education sessions at CEO events.
14. Draft events marketing and communication materials.
15. Assist in other special projects, as required.
Reports to the Director of Education. Works with other staff as required. Has frequent contact with committee members and other CEO members.
Has frequent contact with speakers as well as with other outside vendors.
Chief Executives Organization (CEO) is a global invitation-only business membership organization of current and former chairmen and chief executive officers with a strong connection to Young Presidents Organization (YPO). CEO provides members and spouses with life-enriching experiences through more than 40 education-rich events, seminars and gatherings each year. Education is a cornerstone of CEO, providing high-value to every experience. CEO provides custom educational offerings around the globe as well as partnerships in our “Executive Education Collection” with institutions such as Harvard, Oxford and Caltech.
The six-person Education team consists of the director of education, the associate director of education, a senior education manager, two education managers and an education coordinator.