Concordia University Irvine offers a Masters of Arts in International Studies China (MAIS China) program that incorporates one-year salaried English teaching positions in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Kunming and their neighboring cities, which are among China’s most important historical, intellectual, cultural and financial centers. There are three concentrations to choose among: International Business, International Education and International Development.
Students take courses during the 1st summer semester on our Irvine campus or can opt to complete those courses online. Afterwards, you head to China and start living, working and studying. MAIS China offers international work experience, prepares you to conduct research for your thesis project, and immerses you in new culture.
Apply today and start your journey towards a global experience like no other!
• Monthly salary & housing/housing allowance
• Reimbursement of round-trip economy class ticket (China-US) upon completing contract
• Legal China work visa
Program at a glance:
• Master of Arts International Studies Degree with Concordia University Irvine
• Concurrent China employment in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Kunming, and other cities with full benefits
• Three concentrations: International Business, International Education and International Development
• Possible to complete in as little as 18 months (one summer semester in Irvine or online, with the rest of the semesters in China)
• TESOL certificate awarded at the end of 1st summer term
• Field thesis research in China
• Supervision and support from our representative office in China
• Cohort-based program that starts every June
• No prior Mandarin language skills required
• No GRE/GMAT required
• Post 9/11 GI Bill approved institution (BAH included)
Desired Skills and Expertise
• Confer bachelor’s degree before June 2017
• Minimum 2.75 GPA
• Native English speaker or equivalent
• Desire to teach in new cultural settings
• Prepared to learn, serve, and lead
• Possess cultural sensitivity, responsibility, diligence, resilience, independence, and ethical character
• Background clearance by FBI or equivalent for teaching/ interacting with students
Visit www.cui.edu/maischina for more information on our blended delivery and http://www.cui.edu/.../international-studies/china
for our online option.
Contact: Marsha Castillo, Recruiter & Program Coordinator- firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is March 1st.