Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education community—students, faculty, and staff—achieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings. With more than 1,500 institutions subscribing to Ellucian’s cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services, such as application software implementation, training, education, and management consulting. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education.
As Software Developer on the NACASA team, you’ll be building Ellucian’s next generation Banner Student product to enable student success around the world. You will be joining a global team of professionals developing software on a variety of platforms using a wide range of technology stacks.
You will add value by:
* Working with product owners and business analysis to analyze software requirements.
* Designing, developing, and testing software using test driven methodologies using a variety of software stacks including Java, Groovy, and Oracle.
* Working with multiple projects written for a variety of markets.
* Working with fellow team members to perform code reviews and test plan reviews.
* Working with a dev ops pipeline to ensure code quality metrics are implemented and maintained.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Position Requirements
* BS in Computer Science or related field.
* Proficiency in spoken and written English.
* Experience with deploying web applications in either Tomcat or WebLogic.
* Understanding of Java stack technologies such as Spring and Hibernate.
* 4+ years with Oracle SQL and database architectures including:
* Database tables.
* Database views
* Oracle Packages and implementing API’s.
Highly competitive applicants will have the following:
* Familiarity with Oracle Forms development.
* Familiary with the Groovy programming language.
* Familiarity with the Grails programming stack.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Foreign Affairs